We are looking for a UX leader who will settle for nothing less than owning the delivery of digital products for our clients in a truly user-center way. You’ll both lead and be a hands-on contributor to user research, experience strategy, concepting, client workshops, interaction design, user journeys, personas, site maps, wireframes, prototyping and testing/validating with users.
You’ll lead a passionate product design team within a culture that values human-insights-lead strategy and client empathy over big surprise reveals. You’ll work seamlessly with content strategists, junior UX designers, visual designers, product managers, developers and clients on enterprise-level products and apps that impact business, win awards and leave every user feeling loved.
You’ll have impact. You’ll have ownership. And one more thing—you’ll enjoy it.
- Develop innovative user-focused experiences that balance clients’ business objectives, user’s needs and technical complexity.
- Own the quality, planning and completion of all UX deliverables on projects.
- Partner with clients to define the vision and prioritize requirements and functional needs; ensuring the UX vision is communicated and understood by the client and team (product, creative, technology, accounts, etc.).
- Manage information architects, UX/interaction designers and occasional visual designers on the projects you lead.
- Organize and lead client and internal presentations.
- Define and execute correct research and testing processes, and work with outside research team members as needed.
- Share your UX knowledge and champion UX and UCD principles throughout the company.
- Has 6+ years of experience in the field of UX Design or product development, working with large-scale and complex digital experiences or applications.
- Is a strategic thinker; you know how to distill user insights and business goals into a completing experience vision.
- Is a seasoned team leader; able to drive a cross-functional team to plan any project and complete key task and deliverables that are on strategy.
- Is a great communicator; you know how to break down complex concepts, approaches and designs into simple explanations that put clients and team members at ease.
- Has a modern and clean design aesthetic; your wireframes reflect simplicity, usability and consistency.
- Has a curious mind; you listen well and observe, analyze, question, synthesize and conceptualize.
- Is an entrepreneur at heart; takes initiative, never content with your skill level and continually looks to do more with less.
- Is an optimist; always finding creative ways “we can do”; instead of thinking about what “we can’t do”.
- Understands that harmony between design and technology is essential to create exceptional and meaningful work.
- Thrives in a work environment where there is constant cross-collaboration between design, user experience, strategy, product and technology.
- Lives for the craft of design and has a relentless focus on developing the highest quality user experiences possible.
- Has a full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to specific engagements.
- Has a killer book; you understand that explaining how and why you did the work is as important as the artifacts that show the final experience.
We’re a 50-person agency on a sunny, open floor in the heart of the Flatiron. We’re twice over a 2015 Best Place to Work, from Crain’s New York and AdAge. We’re a UX-led shop that’s people-centric, living and breathing the total human experience to create digital work that engages every user (including ourselves). With a heavy developer influence, we’re live prototyping and proof-of-concepting whatever goes out the door.
We run a dog-friendly office and we all have lives. We think the two things that matter most are the work and the people who do it. We believe in Summer Fridays and yoga breaks. We close shop for a week in July and December. And we take Halloween very, very seriously.
This is a full–time, on–site position at an award–winning company with a passion for smart design and fulfilling user experiences.
Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience, why you’re interested, and notable project samples to email@example.com with subject: Associate Experience Director & UX Lead.