Cake & Arrow is a customer experience design and innovation agency that works with companies in insurance, financial services, and a handful of other key industries that are striving to create authentic and meaningful relationships with their customers.
At Cake & Arrow, Content Marketing is paramount to driving the growth and success of our business, and has been critical to establishing our agency as an innovative thought leader within the worlds of insurance, financial services and design. Widely regarded for its rigor, insight, and unique perspective, our marketing content is human-centered and grounded in research and deep expertise.
The Digital Marketing Associate will report directly to our Director of Content Marketing, and will play an essential function in driving inbound lead generation and organic growth by ensuring that our marketing campaigns are executed in such a way that our content is read, seen, and distributed widely, reaching the right people via the right channel at the right time. In joining our growing marketing team, you will be the person behind ensuring some of the insurance industry’s most rigorous, insightful, and thought provoking content is available and accessible to professionals world-wide, and will have the opportunity to be a part of a tectonic shift that is currently underway within the insurance and financial services industries.
The Digital Marketing Associate is a self-starter, problem solver, and life-long learner with a collaborative, entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This person takes a test-and-learn approach to everything they do, and is willing to try new things, learn from their mistakes, ask for help, and thrives when presented with a challenge. They possess outstanding organizational and time management skills, are obsessed with new tools, tricks, and technology; are well-versed in digital marketing best-practices; and are fluent with data, spreadsheets and numbers. They possess a unique combination of both right and left-brain characteristics–being both creative and systematic, good with words and with numbers, both intuitive and analytical.
- Manage and execute digital marketing campaigns, including email and social media copywriting, landing page and email setup and design, deployment strategies, and tracking and monitoring
- Assess, modify/adjust, and routinely optimize marketing campaigns over their lifecycle to support strategic marketing goals
- Analyze campaign performance, and recommend strategic and tactical changes to drive strategic marketing goals
- Manage social media channels to amplify the agency’s presence and thought leadership on social (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Assist with the development and execution of SEO strategy, including analysis and best-practices support
- Create assets for marketing campaigns, including project management, copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Collaborate with Director of Content Marketing and editorial team on editorial planning and content optimization
- Assist with testing of new content types, targeting options, and drip campaigns to optimize campaign strategy
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years experience in a digital marketing role, preferably B2B
- Strong proficiency in Hubspot, Pardot, or other marketing automation software
- Experience using CRM software for reporting and analytics
- Strategic campaign management experience and strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience using digital analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Moz, Omniture, AB Testing Tools etc. to develop actionable insights
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS a plus
- Interest in and knowledge of innovation, startups, fintech and/or insurtech a plus
Cake & Arrow is a boutique agency on a sunny, open floor in the heart of the Flatiron and twice over a Best Place to Work, from Crain’s New York and AdAge. Our work is grounded in deep research and user insights, and we pride ourselves on being a UX-led shop that’s people-centric, living and breathing the total human experience to create digital work that engages every user (including ourselves). With a heavy developer influence, we’re live prototyping and proof-of-concepting whatever goes out the door.
We run a dog-friendly office and we all have lives. We think the two things that matter most are the work and the people who do it. We believe in Summer Fridays and yoga breaks. We close shop for a week in July and December. And we take Halloween very, very seriously.
Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience and why you’re interested to email@example.com with subject: Digital Marketing Associate.