In this role you will:
- Lead the Strategy team and recruit, retain and mentor a small team of product strategists and UX researchers.
- Be a trusted advisor to senior client partners and maintain those relationships beyond immediate projects.
- Grow client accounts from one project outward, helping shape how C&A can add value and extend our presence.
- Lead larger client engagements on a day to day basis, managing multidisciplinary project teams.
- Set strategic direction across engagements, which includes driving clients and project teams to:
- identify and focus on the right problems/opportunities to solve;
- conduct research to identify and understand complex human behaviors as they relate to solutions;
- spur innovation in the form of new and different solutions;
- establish an overarching strategy and roadmap to achieve success;
- help with prototyping, testing, and optimization of the work.
- Lead the definition and design of new product, service and experience ideas.
- Work with interaction and visual designers to create innovative digital services and experiences grounded in a business context.
- Champion an agile learning & design approach by:
- building the foundation for an iterative test & learn environment that optimizes our program effectiveness over time;
- driving continuous process improvements and continually evolving C&A’s innovation methodologies;
- driving adoption of Design Thinking and other frameworks;
- Contribute to business development efforts by helping to clearly understand opportunities, craft solution options, lead pitch meetings, and speak on behalf of C&A’s product and strategy capabilities.
- Play a central role in our thought leadership efforts (e.g., blog conent, speaking engagements, workshops, panel discussions, etc), representing the Cake & Arrow brand while further building up your professional profile and reputation.
- Maintain a strong understanding of changes in the digital space, ensuring teams and client partners always have access to best-in-class intelligence.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Design or Innovation.
- 7+ years of agency or consulting experience.
- Expertise across Consumer Insights, Product Strategy/Definition/Design, and human-centered methodologies.
- Extensive experience in (and ability to share specific examples):
- facilitating workshops and co-creation sessions that drive teams towards solutions;
- bringing products/service to market;
- practicing strong insights research skills, including quantitative and qualitative research;
- helping companies to find new opportunities by turning human insight into concepts that deepen human experiences and result in business value.
- Excellent at rapid problem solving and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment.
- Can detect patterns and themes and can rapidly toggle between macro and micro views of the problem and solution.
- A focus on detail and impeccable organizational skills.
- Experience in financial services and insurance industry.
- An understanding of new trends in innovations (e.g. Ai, machine learning, IoT, etc.).
This is a full-time, on-site position based in the Flatiron district of NYC. The things that matter most to Cake & Arrow are the work and the people who do it. We believe in Summer Fridays, a dog-friendly office and we take Halloween very, very seriously!
Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience, why you’re interested, and notable project samples to email@example.com with subject: Director of Strategy.