The Cake & Arrow team is searching for a charismatic, passionate, and talented Office Manager to join our gang. The role is a great opportunity for those looking to collaborate with every discipline to learn the ins-and-outs of the digital industry, play a pivotal part in maintaining a kick-ass culture, and set up the company for success on a daily basis.
Whether with managing our events calendar, maintaining a conducive and organized work environment, or simply acting as the face of Cake & Arrow - the role holds the opportunities to play an integral role in Cake & Arrow being the best place to work.
- Manage office logistics, including: Ordering supplies; Maintaining an organized work environment; Tracking office supply costs against pre-existing budgets.
- Driving office maintenance efforts, including: Vendor management; Auditing office maintenance supplies; Replacing office furniture as needed.
- Brainstorm and execute creative, new, and fun events for the company to participate in a monthly basis. In addition, you’ll be hosting a slew of fun activities around the Holiday season, including our annual Holiday Party, our Halloween Costume exchange, etc.
- Assist VP of Project Management & Operations with Resource Management, by tracking employee allocations in conjunction with project-based needs.
- Support in-house recruiter with recruitment efforts, including: Scheduling of interviews; Maintaining active candidate database; Corresponding with candidates / third-party staffing agencies.
- Manage receptionist duties, including: Greeting clients, candidates, and visitors with a sunny, cheerful, and professional demeanor; Receiving mail, packages, and deliveries and distributing to the appropriate individual.
The ideal person:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as an Office Manager.
- Experience in events coordination.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and efficient self-starter, with strong prioritization skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Experience working within a client facing capacity.
- Proactive and creative problem-solver who loves to roll up their sleeves.
We’re a 50-person agency on a sunny, open floor in the heart of the Flatiron. We’re twice-over a 2015 Best Place to Work, from Crain’s New York and AdAge. We’re a UX-led shop that’s people-centric, living and breathing the total human experience to create digital work that engages every user (including ourselves). With a heavy developer influence, we’re live prototyping and proof-of-concepting whatever goes out the door.
We run a dog-friendly office and we all have lives. We think the two things that matter most are the work and the people who do it. We believe in summer Fridays and yoga breaks. We close shop for a week in July and December. And we take Halloween very, very seriously.
This is a full–time, on–site position at an award–winning company with a passion for smart design and fulfilling user experiences.
Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience, why you’re interested, and notable project samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Associate Project Manager.