We are looking for a Senior Visual Designer who will settle for nothing less than killer design work, as well as someone who’s focused on their continued personal growth and development. You’ll be a hands-on contributor to concepting, client workshops, interaction design, site maps, wireframes, prototyping and testing, all while growing your skills to become an even better designer than you are today.
You’ll be a part of a passionate design team within a culture that values human-insights-led strategy and client empathy over big surprise reveals. You’ll work seamlessly with design leads, content strategists, other visual designers, UX designers, product managers, developers and clients on enterprise-level products and apps that impact business, win awards and leave every user feeling loved.
You’ll have impact. You’ll have ownership. And one more thing—you’ll enjoy it.
- Responsible for accomplishing and maintaining the high quality of design throughout all phases of the project Works closely with the Creative Director as well as Visual Design and UX teams to ensure that various aspects of design work meets client expectations
- Present creative work to the internal teams and clients
- Manage and mentor Junior Designers, while helping to build their skills sets
- Has a minimum of 4-6 years interactive design experience
- Intimate knowledge of Photoshop/Sketch and Illustrator
- Ability to brainstorm and create amazing, innovative conceptual designs
- Strong understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, and site architecture
- Solid foundation in typography, layout, and design
- Comfortable owning projects from the conceptual stage through to production
- Experience working closely with IA/Dev teams
We’re a 50-person agency on a sunny, open floor in the heart of the Flatiron. We’re twice over a 2015 Best Place to Work, from Crain’s New York and AdAge. We’re a UX-led shop that’s people-centric, living and breathing the total human experience to create digital work that engages every user (including ourselves). With a heavy developer influence, we’re live prototyping and proof-of-concepting whatever goes out the door.
We run a dog-friendly office and we all have lives. We think the two things that matter most are the work and the people who do it. We believe in Summer Fridays and yoga breaks. We close shop for a week in July and December. And we take Halloween very, very seriously.
This is a contract, on-site position at an award-winning company with a passion for smart design and fulfilling user experiences.
Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience, why you’re interested, and notable project samples to email@example.com with subject: Senior Visual Designer.