We are looking for a UX designer who will settle for nothing less than an environment that equally emphasizes killer UCD work and personal growth and development. You’ll be a hands-on contributor to user research, concepting, client workshops, interaction design, user journeys, personas, site maps, wireframes, prototyping and testing and grow your skills to position you to eventually become a great UX Lead.
You’ll be a part of a passionate product design team within a culture that values human-insights-lead strategy and client empathy over big surprise reveals. You’ll work seamlessly with UX Leads, content strategists, other UX designers, visual designers, product managers, developers and clients on enterprise-level products and apps that impact business, win awards and leave every user feeling loved.
You’ll have impact. You’ll have ownership. And one more thing—you’ll enjoy it.
- Develop innovative user-focused experiences that balance clients’ business objectives, user’s needs and technical complexity.
- Own the quality and completion of all UX deliverables on projects.
- Partner with a UX Lead to define the vision and prioritize requirements and functional needs.
- Contribute to client and internal presentations with the goal of owning and leading them.
- Collaborate with the project team to define and execute correct research and testing processes.
- Share your UX knowledge and champion UX and UCD principles throughout the company.
The ideal person:
- Has 3+ years of experience in the field of UX Design or product development, working with large-scale and complex digital experiences or applications.
- Is a great communicator; you know how to break down complex concepts, approaches and designs into simple explanations that put clients and team members at ease.
- Has a modern and clean design aesthetic; your wireframes reflect simplicity, usability and consistency.
- Has a curious mind; you listen well and observe, analyze, question, synthesize and conceptualize.
- Is an entrepreneur at heart; takes initiative, never content with your skill level and continually looks to do more with less.
- Is an optimist; always finding creative ways “we can do” instead of thinking about what “we can’t do”.
- Understands that harmony between design and technology is essential to create exceptional and meaningful work.
- Thrives in a work environment where there is constant cross-collaboration between design, user experience, strategy, product and technology.
- Lives for the craft of design and has a relentless focus on developing the highest quality user experiences possible.
- Has a killer book; you understand that explaining how and why you did the work is as important as the artifacts that show the final experience.
We’re a 50-person agency on a sunny, open floor in the heart of the Flatiron. We’re twice over a 2015 Best Place to Work, from Crain’s New York and AdAge. We’re a UX-led shop that’s people-centric, living and breathing the total human experience to create digital work that engages every user (including ourselves). With a heavy developer influence, we’re live prototyping and proof-of-concepting whatever goes out the door.
We run a dog-friendly office and we all have lives. We think the two things that matter most are the work and the people who do it. We believe in Summer Fridays and yoga breaks. We close shop for a week in July and December. And we take Halloween very, very seriously.
This is a full-time, on-site position at an award-winning company with a passion for smart design and fulfilling user experiences.
Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience, why you’re interested, and notable project samples to email@example.com with subject: UX Designer.