We are looking for a UX designer who will settle for nothing less than an environment that equally emphasizes killer UCD work and personal growth and development. You’ll be a hands-on contributor to user research, concepting, client workshops, interaction design, user journeys, personas, site maps, wireframes, prototyping and testing and grow your skills to position you to eventually become a great UX Lead.
So here's an idea: Come join us as a UX Research Associate at our independent NYC digital agency and develop your UX skills!
Not only will you be hands-on in contributing, but you'll also grow your skills in a truly user-centered culture: research, experience strategy, concepting, interaction design, prototyping, testing! You’ll be a part of a passionate product team and sharpen your skills in user-interface design fundamentals, user research, usability testing, presentation skills, information architecture, content strategy, business strategy, design critiques, and team collaboration.
The ideal person:
- Is a recent design graduate – undergraduate degree, masters degree or continuing education– with emphasis in the field of UX design, interactive design or product design.
- A portfolio that includes design samples and effectively communicates your process, including project insights, solutions and current design trends.
- Has great organization skills and a solid command of relevant industry tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision.
- Is an entrepreneur at heart; takes initiative, is driven and self- motivated, never content with your skill level. Your vision for what you want to get out of your internship experience will help inform your assignments and exposure.
- Is an optimist; always finding ways 'we can do' instead of thinking about what 'we can't do'.
- Lives for the craft of design and has a relentless focus on developing the highest quality user experiences possible.
- Is open to feedback and plays nicely with others. Believes that good ideas can come from anyone.
- Is a great communicator and has a desire to contribute to company culture; learn from every discipline and foster a collaborative learning environment.
- Work alongside our UX designers to understand our clients’ business needs.
- Develop compelling user-focused experiences that align with clients’ business objectives
- HDevelop/sketch multiple experience approaches that are strategically aligned with the project goals to help further the project and define key interaction patterns for the design system.
- Participate in setting the UX strategy for internal and client engagements. Assist with competitive reviews, audits, workshops and ideation.
- Organize and participate in user research and usability testing.
- Organize and participate in client and internal presentations.
We’re a 50-person agency on a sunny, open floor in the heart of the Flatiron. We’re twice over a 2015 Best Place to Work, from Crain’s New York and AdAge. We’re a UX-led shop that’s people-centric, living and breathing the total human experience to create digital work that engages every user (including ourselves). With a heavy developer influence, we’re live prototyping and proof-of-concepting whatever goes out the door.
We run a dog-friendly office and we all have lives. We think the two things that matter most are the work and the people who do it. We believe in Summer Fridays and yoga breaks. We close shop for a week in July and December. And we take Halloween very, very seriously.
This is a full-time, on-site position at an award-winning company with a passion for smart design and fulfilling user experiences.
Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience, why you’re interested, and notable project samples to email@example.com with subject: UX Designer.