Director, Client Services
The Director, Client Services for Cake & Arrow (C&A) is critical to the growth and ongoing evolution of the company. This person serves as an agency leader for facilitating account growth by nurturing existing Client relationships and reinforcing the role of Trusted Advisor and Consultative Partner. C&A prides itself on earning this position with its Clients through smart, forward thinking and efficient execution focused on go-to-market priorities with an overarching emphasis on bringing our Clients closer to their customers.
The primary remit of this role is to expand the relationship footprint at our Client organizations in order to identify new opportunities for C&A to provide value to its Clients and ensure mutual success by shepherding the seamless transition from sale to engagement. The secondary directive is to bring critical thinking and planning; strategic insights grounded in commercial understanding of industry verticals; and a consistent consultative approach for existing and new Clients alike. In addition, this role will be on the proverbial front lines to help evolve the C&A brand and positioning — ensuring we remain focused on providing value in a continuously changing market.
- Define and execute comprehensive organic growth plans for key / priority existing Client accounts in relation to defined revenue targets: (1) Generate sales for a portfolio of existing Client accounts to broaden and deepen these active relationships and (2) Run point on your sales initiatives – i.e., engaging the right SMEs at the right time with the right information for the right opportunities.
- Actively contribute to new business planning, RFPs/RFIs, and pitch presentations.
- Own the overall business / commercial point of view (POV) for C&A re: our key Clients, thereby informing the consultative sales opportunity. This may include: (1) Participating in or outright owning primary research; and/or (2) Reviewing available secondary research and synthesizing relevant findings.
- Lead and facilitate scoping new engagements and creation of SOWs in partnership with Head of Delivery.
- Make relationship management front-and-center: (1) Maintain strong relationships with current Clients (and especially senior-level decision makers) with the express aim to secure new business in the future and (2) Expand the relationship footprint at existing Client organizations.
- Partner with New Business to cross-pollinate knowledge and expertise; divide-and-conquer sales responsibilities (where appropriate); and participate on pitch teams for select opportunities by providing strategic input and commercial contextualization: (1) Maintain up-to-date revenue forecasting for your book-of-business, define target KPIs, and regularly report progress and efficacy against defined organic growth plans
- Monitor industry news and leverage Client relationships to identify business growth or entry opportunities.
- Attend relevant conferences, industry events, etc. to network and reinforce C&A’s presence in the market.
- Liaise with the Delivery team to transition Clients from the sales pipeline to resource planning and project scoping.
- Provide strategic direction on projects to ensure business needs and expectations are being met.
- Assist Product team in prioritizing and negotiating scope with Client.
- Serve as a senior-level escalation point for Client relationships.
- Help grow the partner ecosystem by identifying organizations who can complement and/or augment C&A’s capabilities in the market.
- Strong aptitude for consultative sales based upon: (a.) 7+ years of business development experience in the digital agency or business / design / technology consulting industries; (b.) 4+ years of corporate development, strategy, management consulting; AND/OR (c.) MBA from top tier program
- Exceptional written and communication skills with a talent for creating impactful narratives and exceptional presentations
- High proficiency for synthesizing complex business challenges into consultative sales opportunities
- High degree of comfort and confidence in dealing with all levels of a Client organization including the C-Suite
- Experience in a new business, project management, and/or Client services role
- Proficiency with Excel, GSuite, and/or other analysis tools, PowerPoint / Keynote (preferred). Plus: Exposure to Hubspot and CRM automation tools a plus.
- Natural curiosity re: emerging trends in the innovation, design, digital transformation, and customer experience domain
- Active networking and well-honed relationship building and negotiation skills
This is a full-time, on-site position at an award-winning company with a passion for smart design and creating innovative user experiences.
Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience, why you’re interested, and notable project samples to email@example.com with subject: Director, Client Services