Digital Product Designer
Great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. We are seeking an experienced designer to join our team! The ideal designer will have a passion for taking on complex problems and designing elegant, simple solutions that surprise and delight users.
At Cake & Arrow, you’ll work to deliver creative solutions that are transforming the user experience. We’re looking for talented problem solvers who lead with passion and face any task with a positive mindset.
Note: This is a contract role based on company needs.
- Develop straightforward approaches to complex design problems while maintaining a human-centered perspective
- Understand and account for technical and business constraints
- Think strategically for long-term impact, creating design assets or libraries that can serve as a foundation for the client to build upon
- Collaborate with UX designers, creating mockups of varying fidelity to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Design on both macro and micro-levels: produce top-level product concepts and consider what can occur at the component level
- Create functional prototypes for user testing
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate with core team and other relevant business owners throughout the product life cycle
- Deliver production-ready assets and be able to communicate functionality intentions to developers
- 4+ years of experience bringing digital products to life, ideally for consumer-facing companies
- Must have experience in creating user interfaces for web and mobile
- Solid portfolio of work that illustrates an understanding of the UX process and showcases strong visual design skills
- Understand creation of modular design rules, repeatable page components, and templatization
- Ability to pitch, educate, and define your design rationale to key stakeholders—you can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions
- Ability to translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex task-based flows into clean, usable UI
- Solid and up-to-date knowledge of best practices, developments and trends in web and native mobile design
- Extensive knowledge of working and collaborating in design software like Figma or Sketch and creating clickable prototypes
- Knowledge of UI animation software like Principle or Protopie is a plus
- Humility and objectivity—you encourage design feedback and are eager to incorporate new ideas into your next iteration
Send a resume and a cover letter indicating experience, why you’re interested, and notable project samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Freelance Digital Product Designer