New Identity Celebrates the Agency’s Digital-Meets-Human Direction
New York, NY – August 2, 2016 – For 14 years, Alexander Interactive (Ai) has grown its digital services and expertise, built a blue-chip client base across industries including insurance and eCommerce, and been named a “Best Place to Work in New York” three times. Now a 50-person, digital customer experience agency that serves clients such as MetLife, KIND Snacks, Saks Fifth Avenue and Lowe’s, it has left behind its days as a 2-person ecommerce start-up—and, as of today, its old name, as well. Rebranding itself Cake & Arrow reflects the full scope of its capabilities and the fresh way it combines research-generated insights, human-centered design, and technology.
“Our new identity captures both sides of who we are: the digital customer experience agency that delves into human behavior to find what moves people—and then uses those insights to design ways to make user experiences seamless and better,” says Alex Schmelkin, Founder/CEO, Cake & Arrow.
The rebrand capitalizes on what clients have come to rely on from the agency:
- End-to-end Customer Experiences: Ensuring that throughout the entire customer experience, all users feel valued, whether they are customers, prospects or the company’s own employees.
- Primary User Research: Conducting the precise type of user research to extract unexpected insights about what moves and motivates users.
- Business-driven Technology: Developing better technology solutions that deliver real commercial benefits through website design & development, mobile application building, salesforce enablement and more.
- Human-centered Design: Designing products and services as informed by people’s behavior to guarantee an intuitive, successful experience.
- Responsibly Transforming Businesses: Whether it’s helping a major insurer launch industry-changing lead generation technology or working with a major consumer brand to rebuild their direct-to-consumer ecommerce strategy and platform, Cake & Arrow partners with businesses to do the right thing for people and the bottom line.
- People-First Workplace: Always improving the support that an agency environment can give employees professionally and personally. In addition to a generous benefits package, the company creates a fun and engaging environment to keep employees connected and thriving that includes giving a free week off over July 4th for “Xmas in July” to recharge and hosting internal happy hours before it was the norm in the industry. (The award-winning agency has been named a “Best Place to Work” by both Crain’s New York Business and Advertising Age.)
“Our approach is what’s made us successful,” adds Josh Levine, Founder/Chief Design Officer. “Now we’re getting closer to our core values: people first, empathy above all, always do the right thing. And what we’ll accomplish for our clients as Cake & Arrow will prove that the best decision a business can make is serving people what they love.”
Visit their new home at cakeandarrow.com.
About Cake & Arrow
Cake & Arrow, formerly Alexander Interactive (Ai), is an award-winning digital customer experience agency that combines research-generated insights and human-centered design & technology to reinvent how brands do business. Cake & Arrow develops digital products & services, with a focus on ecommerce websites, lead-generation, salesforce enablement and mobile experiences. Their 14 years’ experience in insurance, finance, retail, business & professional services, fashion & luxury, and private equity has earned them clients such as MetLife, KIND Snacks, Saks Fifth Avenue, Genpact, ProSight, Lowe’s and Catbird.